PRODUCT WARRANTY CONDITIONS
Aluroll warrants that, during the relevant warranty period set out below, all new roller garage doors and security shutters will conform in all material respects with their description and specification, be free from material defects in design, material and workmanship, and be of satisfactory quality (within the meaning of the Sale of Goods Act 1979). This warranty is subject to certain exclusions and limitations as set out in Aluroll’s Terms and Conditions, which can be found at www.aluroll.co.uk/terms-and-conditions.
Please note that Aluroll’s warranty does not extend to or cover labour costs and consequential loss.
Warranty Period (from point of delivery):
Secureroll roller garage doors - Five years
Aluroll security shutters* - Two years
Motors & Controls (Somfy & NRG Econom) - Five years
Motors & Controls (GfA, Link & Ellard) - One year
*Please note the Warranty Periods for security shutter motors and controls are listed separately.
This warranty does not apply to any defect or loss arising as a result of:
● Failure to follow any instructions and guidance issued by Aluroll or the manufacturer as to the installation, operation, maintenance and repair of the goods. It is the customer’s responsibility to request Aluroll’s instructions and guidance where they have been lost or damaged or none were originally provided, before installing the goods or otherwise operating, maintaining or repairing them;
● Any brickwork, masonry, rendered or other surfaces cracking or collapsing during installation;
● Any defect or deterioration of timber after installation;
● Any weakening or collapse of the structure to which the goods are affixed during or at any time after installation;
● Any damage to or deterioration caused by the customer or its nominated carrier during delivery or whilst the goods are being stored pending installation;
● The supplier or any nominated carrier loading or unloading of the goods in accordance with the customer’s or any third party’s instructions;
● Any operation or use of the goods after any other defect or damage has become apparent;
● Any goods being installed within a one mile radius of the sea or other body of water of equivalent or greater salt concentration or in an area subject to industrial fall out;
● Any fault or surge in the customer’s electricity supply;
● Any alteration or modification to the goods without Aluroll’s prior written consent;
● Any rubbing or scuff marks as a result of normal operation. The goods contain moving parts and, as part of its installation instructions, Aluroll recommends that the installer of the goods apply Velcro to locking mechanisms to minimise any rubbing or scuff marks; or
● Fair wear and tear, wilful damage, negligence, lack of reasonable care or abnormal storage or operating conditions.
The Warranty shall not apply to:
● Any marks, distortion, stains, blemishes, indentations or scuffs which are not observable from a distance of at least three metres away in natural light (not direct sunlight);
● Any errors in the specification, including incorrect measurements and characteristics of the goods, which the customer has agreed to;
● Any amendments made by Aluroll to the specification if required by any applicable statutory or regulatory requirements; and
● Any of the following components forming part of the Goods:
sensitivity adjustments; and
TRANSFERRING A WARRANTY
An existing warranty can be assigned by the customer to another person with Aluroll’s prior written consent. Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org to place such a request.
COLOURS & FINISHES
All colours are shown as a guide only due to variances in the printing process. RAL / BS colour references quoted are the nearest standard colour and may not match perfectly.
Aluroll reserves the right to change the specifications to design and manufacture without notification. All information is correct at time of publication, errors and omissions excepted. Copies of the full Terms and Conditions are available from the office, or at www.aluroll.co.uk/terms-and-conditions.